Monday, March 10, 2008

Created Byhand Challenge


I'm getting in just under the gun with this one :-) The challenge posted last Tuesday on Created Byhand was spritz-spray-spatter. The background for this card was done using a Cedar Canyon rubbing plate I just got in the mail today. It's from the floral fantasy set. I put one dropperful of Distress reinker fired brick in a mini mister bottle and then finished filling it with water. Repeated with another bottle and spiced marmalade reinker. I used both of these to spritz the rubbing plate well and then layed a piece of white cardstock onto the rubbing plate and pressed well holding it there for a bit to soak up all the color. Dried it with a heat tool, trimmed it to 4" x 5 1/4" and softened the white areas a bit by sponging on some Distress ink dried marigold. Quote is stamped onto vellum, torn along the right and left, rubbed some dried marigold on the back of the stamped area, dried it, layed it onto the background folding the top and bottom to the back and taping them down. The ribbon is white silk colored with Distress ink fired brick. Added flowers, leaves, and a brad. Layered it all to a folded green card.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this is absolutely gorgeous. Love it.

okanagan_spirit said...

very nice wanda

Lindart said...

another beauty! gorgeous!

Yogi said...

It worked out well. Looks really good. I guess I should have included those rubbing plates in my order. Next time. PS you must have gottent he last Spiced marmalade. Out of stock when I ordered...