Sunday, November 9, 2008

ATC


I love the background on this atc!! It looks pretty good in the picture but it's even better in person. I started with regular white cardstock cut to atc size. Then I used a cuttlebug folder from the fancy corners set and embossed part of it several times around the outside edge of the atc. Next I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist sandy beach and dried it with a heat tool. The color settled darker around the embossed areas and of course in person it has a fabulous shimmer. It made such an antique looking background it was amazing!! Then I also added some Distress Stickles just rubbed on lightly with my finger in some places and also edged it with Distress Ink vintage photo put extra at the bottom. The collage image and 'dream' stamp are from Quietfire Design. 'Dream' is actually cut from the smaller stamp 'Dream with your eyes wide open' that comes in the mini images set.

4 comments:

Yogi said...

Very nice. Like the way you embossed just the edges. Good idea. Colors are wonderful too.

Nettie said...

This is so beautiful Wanda, I can just imagine how it shimmers, being a fan of H20s! amazing, must get some of the new Stickles too I think!
Nettie

Vintage Papers said...

love the romantic feel of this! beautiful ATC! Hope you are well! :)

Sue said...

This is so pretty!