Sunday, August 23, 2009

More Scraps

I've been using up more of the scraps and left over pieces from previous projects that were laying in my work area. All of these are ATCs.

This first one uses stamps from Stamp Zia. The flamingo is embossed with a pink glittery ep. The background is Zia sprays and stamping. I think this was a scrap of a larger background and I was testing to see what color I actually wanted to make the flamingo (this was a long time ago). I've layered the flamingo piece onto an alcohol ink background, edged the top and bottom with the silver Krylon, added brads, a metal/epoxy embellishment, paper flowers, and sticky back glittery gems in the centers of the flowers.

This house-shaped atc again has an alcohol ink background. I ran it through a Cuttlebug folder of small hearts and then lightly rubbed the Adirondack pigment white pad over it and dried it with a heat tool. Tore a piece of text from an old dictionary and glued it across. Added the center quote (Quietfire Design). Painted a cardstock flourish I had cut with the Cricut quite some time ago with the Adirondack gold paint dabber and added it along with a red paper flower. Made the gold dots in the flower and gold dashes around the edge with Smooch.

This last atc uses a scrap I had left after trying out Tim Holtz's Perfect Distress technique. Stamped the quote (Tim Holtz) on it, tore the edges, and layered it to a black atc blank. Colored the edges with a paint dabber. Added the flower and a dew drop in the center. Used Smooch to add some gold in the flower around the dew drop and to add dots to the two corners of the atc.

2 comments:

Sandie R said...

Wanda, these ATC are awsome and to think you were just using up scraps. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving lovely comments they are appreciated.

Anonymous said...

pretty ATC's Wanda! So do you think the Smooch is enough different than all the other stuff we already own? I haven't gotten any yet! TFS!
Pam Going Postal