Sunday, March 28, 2010

Birthday Card For A Friend


This picture is not the greatest... it's a little dark and it gets darker on the left but the card didn't. I used all Adirondack dye inks on this except for the black which is Archival Ink. All stamps are Studio 490. The flowers are cut from grungeboard using the new Tim Holtz Alterations die tattered florals. The smallest and largest flowers are inked with sunset orange and the middle flower is inked with peach bellini. The background uses a way cool technique that Wendy Vecchi demoed at CHA 2010 and Ranger has a video on their website here of it. I colored white cardstock with meadow and clover and the stamping was done with caramel spritzed with sunflower perfect pearls and water. The leaves in the top left corner are stamped with meadow and also the scallop along the bottom. Gold paint dabber around the edges of the cardstock layers. Green sticky-backed pearl in the center of the flower. Black glaze pen for the dots. Oh, and I spread some Distress Stickles spiced marmalade on the largest flower.

9 comments:

Deb C said...

I love this! I was just die cutting some flowers today for a scrapbook layout. I love the new Tim Holtz dies - that shabby look is so cool.

Carolyn said...

Beautiful card, Wanda. I like the techniques you used.

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful, Wanda! Oh, I am so jealous...I preordered that die and am waiting impatiently for it to arrive. Can't wait to get my hands on it!
Eileen

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous card Wanda...lovin the teal and orange combo together x

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Love it! I just got Tim's new flower die...and I just joined the Everything Wendy Vecchi group...now I just need to get busy!

Jester said...

This is a lovely card, Wanda. I'm so jealous; waiting for Tim's dies to arrive in the UK!

Linda M. Cain said...

Love it!!!!!!!!!!

2amscrapper said...

amazing--really working those products for a beautiful effect.

Lori said...

I'm not sure where I dropped the ball, I just became a follower, but thought I had done that already? Anywho, this card is BEAUTIFUL!