Saturday, June 26, 2010

Created Byhand Challenge - Songs we Sing


This weeks theme over at the Created Byhand Challenge Blog is Songs we Sing.  I love this song stamp from Quietfire Design and had to use it along with the bird, flourish, and music images.  This is a #8 size tag.  I glued a torn piece of old music paper across the center and then colored the whole tag with Distress inks wild honey and barn door using a blending tool and foam.  Above and below the music paper I stamped QFs music stamp using water.  Stamped the bird at the top and the flourish around the edges using Archival Ink jet black.  Next I distressed the edges of the tag using the Tonic distresser tool and then added some vintage photo ink on the edges.  The calligraphy image is stamped on white cardstock, cut out, colored with Distress ink scattered straw and the edges with vintage photo.  Thin brown rickrack is wrapped around the tag and tied in a bow.  The large black music note is a decorative button with the shank cut off and I rubbed some matte accents on it so it wasn't so shiny.  Lastly I added some gold dots with Smooch, gave the bird an eye and also colored the inside of the letters with it.   

9 comments:

Linda said...

Great tag Wanda. I really like the colors you chose and the blending. Nice job. Linda E.

Kathy Eddy said...

Gorgeous Wanda. Birds and music, two of my favorite things ever!

Lori said...

Love this, Wanda! The colors are gorgeous, and I love birds and music, so it's perfect! lol

Robyn said...

Great collaged take on the theme.
Glad to have you playing with us.
Thanks for sharing

Quietfire said...

Wow! Love the colours! Perfect combination!

Anonymous said...

Wow I am loving the colours and the beautiful contrast
hugs June xxx

BarbaraW said...

Love the color combination. Great collage.

Yogi said...

love the background Very nice tag

Lynn Stevens said...

Gorgeous, I Love it!!!