Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mini Banner Swap

There was a mini banner swap on the EverythingWendyVecchi yahoo group last month that I participated in. The banners are 3 1/2" wide and 5" long. These are the 6 awesome banners I received back in the swap. They are from Lori, Debby, Kim, Kathy, Nancy, and Alexandra.

These are the banners I made for the swap.

And a closer look. I worked on Sticky-back canvas. I cut the canvas to size, stuck it to a piece of the new Tim Holtz paper, cut the paper and then frayed the side edges of the canvas. The background started with Wendy Vecchi's pigment and pearls technique - if I remember right, lol - I used Adirondack pigment ink terra cotta and gold perfect pearls. Then I stamped the leafy background image over it probably with terra cotta ink, next the words with Achival Ink jet black and then the floral border image with watermelon pigment ink. The bird is cut from grungeboard using Tim Holtz's alteration die and colored with distress ink with a little pigment snow cap dabbed along the belly area. The wing was stamped with a background image. A black gem for the eye. The flowers are cut from grungepaper also using an Alterations die, colored with distress inks and stamped with Archival inks, larger black gems for the centers.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I didn't get one of your banners, Wanda, but I'm sure the gals that received them were VERY happy, they're gorgeous! Love the idea of using the canvas, nice texture! Your flowers are gorgeous!

Krista Hentges said...

hey mom...that wound up turning out really well...