Sunday, July 18, 2010

CCC #5 - Distress Powder


Linda's challenge this week for Compendium of Curiosities is found on page 43 of the book.  I love the Distress Embossing Powders the first time I ever used them because I am definitely a texture girl!!!

Supplies used on my tag are....

Distress Embossing Powder - Scattered Straw (background), Walnut Stain (on the scrollwork)
Distress Inks - Dusty Concord (under the straw ep), Rusty Hinge, Barn Door, Mustard Seed, Antique Linen, Pumice Stone, Black Soot
Alteration Dies - Tattered Florals, Scrollwork
Ideology - Snap
All Tim Holtz Stamps
Making Memories trim

13 comments:

Lori said...

Wonderful work, Wanda! I love that sentiment! Those DEP's sure add a lot of texture, looks great!

Linda M. Cain said...

Love this Wanda! The phrase is great!
Linda

Carolyn said...

Your tag is beautiful, Wanda. Love the texture of the background too.

Linda Ledbetter said...

WOW! Wanda, you ROCKED the Distress Powder! That background is spectacular, your design is so fun, and check out all that texture you created! Love it!!! Great sentiment, too. ♥

Kathy Eddy said...

Great job Wanda. I too, love texture and you can sure get it with these.

eclectic_Paperie said...

Love your colors. Perfect stamp to use with the distressed powders. Awesome result!

Nan said...

Love these powders too. Your tag came out so well....great!

Anonymous said...

What a dramatic, beautiful tag!
Eileen

2amscrapper said...

love your colors and textures

Anonymous said...

Great tag Wanda! Love your design! x

okanagan_spirit said...

I just took some time to check out your blog and you have lots of lovely eye candy here. The tag is very nice and I love all the texture. Great words too.

aussiequilter said...

gorgeous tag Wanda! I have also just started to use the distress embossing powder and love it. cheers Teri

Desiree said...

I love this, especially the qoute! :)