Saturday, July 24, 2010

Created Byhand Challenge


This weeks Created Byhand Challenge (forum or blog) is Looking In...Looking Out or Use Dies.  My atc uses a Spellbinders circle die.  I cut the circle out of a piece of shiny white cardboard like you'd find in a shirt package or something like that.  We got a whole box of the cardboard at a garage sale for a couple of dollars.  After the circle was cut I layed it on a kraft ATC blank and then trimmed the sides off to fit the atc.  The atc blank is colored with Distress Ink Victorian Velvet (love this color) with a little brushed corduroy around the edges.  On the trimmed circle I stamped the small butterfly with Ranger's resist ink, let it dry a minute and then using a blending tool rubbed on Distress Ink wild honey and victorian velvet... buffed off the extra ink with a napkin and then edged the piece with brushed corduroy.  Stamped the quote with Archival Ink jet black.  Stamped a small butterfly on a scrap of white cardstock using victorian velvet, cut it out, and added sticky back pearls to the body.  Also added pearls to the corners of the atc. 

10 comments:

Robyn said...

I love the composition wanda
Thanks for sharing

Quietfire said...

Wow! Wanda, this is a knockout!! Thanks so much!!

Lori said...

Really great stuff Wanda! Love the blended colors and your choice of color, and of course, butterflies always make me happy! lol

okanagan_spirit said...

Very pretty Wanda. I like the resist ink look, another thing I'd like to try. My quote sure looks good on your ATC and of course Suzzane's lettering to make the stamp makes all words look better.

Judy A. McGhee said...

As always Wanda this is great. What I noted and enjoyed was the feeling of movement that you created with the off-the-page circle. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy Eddy said...

Great piece Wanda. Isn't is nice to recycle something and turn it into beautiful art! I am loving the Victorian Velvet color myself and using it a lot.

Netty said...

Another gorgeous creation. Love your blog so am following you. Annette x

inge said...

Hello Donna,

I like the big circle : It looks like the moon where the butterfly is heading to ! So, this quote is perfect :)

I like how you used the circle, even if you trimmed it, my eyes and my mind completes it in a circle.

greetings from belgium
Inge

inge said...

Hello Wanda,

sorry I misnamed you Donna !
Donna or Wanda : I like your ATC :)

greetings from belgium
Inge

Yogi said...

very nice. I like the cut off circle. Creates a nice element.

Thanks for joining us on Created By Hand. BIG GRIN