Monday, December 13, 2010

Created Byhand Challenge - Meditations/Shades of Blue


I really like this ornament I made for this weeks Created Byhand Challenge (blog or forum)!!  I went with the color blue but watching a softly falling snow can be a great time for thinking about things.  All stamps and supplies are available from Quietfire Design.  I started by cutting 2 pieces of white glossy using the Spellbinders ornament die.  Stamped them both with the snowflake using Versamark ink, let that dry, and added Distress inks broken china and faded jeans using an ink blending tool and foam.  I then flicked on some water, blotted it up and dried them with the heat tool.  Edged both pieces with silver Krylon.  After deciding which one would be the front of my ornament, I stamped Silent Night with Versafine black ink and embossed it with clear powder.  Next I took the piece for the back of the ornament and working on the backside of it applied Tim Holtz snowflake tissue tape around the edge ruffling it as I went leaving just enough room at the top for the Tim Holtz metal corner to fit.  Taking Perfect Pearls pearl color mixed in a mini mister bottle with water, I sprayed the front of the tissue tape well and let it dry.  I then turned the piece over.... this side of the tissue tape is still sticky and to remedy that I applied Perfect Pearls pearl color powder onto the tape using a brush.  Next I applied adhesive to the back of the front ornament (the one stamped with Silent Night) and placed it over the tissue taped ornament, set an acrylic block on top for some weight and let it dry.  Added the Tim Holtz corner to the top... punched a hole in it using the Crop-a-dile... and added 7mm white silk ribbon colored with distress inks for a hanger and also a bow.
This picture shows the ornament before I added the bow so you could better see the placement of the corner.

This picture shows the back of the ornament and the fabulous shimmer from the Perfect Pearls powder on the back of the tissue tape.

Another picture of the front of the completed ornament.  

7 comments:

Robyn said...

I really like this too! love the pp on the tape.
thanks for sharing with created byhand-you should post a link to this over at Rangerlink

Anonymous said...

A stunning ornament Wanda! Very creative & inspiring!
Alison x

Quietfire said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I just love this background!

Kris Dickinson said...

Wanda, this is so wonderful! Thank you for a beautiful inspiration.

Amy said...

your ornament is gorgeous and dreamy..I love looking out the window out into a snowy wonderland..and your ornament reminds me of that.

Lori said...

Ooo, this is just GORGEOUS, Wanda! So elegant looking, I just love the color!

Deborah March said...

BeeYOUteeful Ms Wanda!!!!