Tuesday, January 25, 2011

CBC - 1st Anniversary or Paper Piecing


As you can tell I chose to focus on the 1st Anniversary choice of this weeks Created Byhand Challenge.  Some day I might try paper piecing but this is not it.  The printed paper I used on this card is from Prima's Fairy Flora Collection... Suzanne has added the 12 x 12 sized sheets to her website here.  These papers are gorgeous and double sided!!!  I cut all parts for this card from one sheet  - No, I didn't use the whole sheet - the darker piece is one side and the lighter pieces are from the other side.  All stamps are from Quietfire Design - heart, flourish, together forever. I stamped together forever on a very light area of the paper and die cut with Spellbinders 3rd from the largest Labels Four die and edged the piece with gold Krylon.  Next I die cut a piece using the largest Labels Four die with the flip side of the paper showing and also edged it with the gold Krylon pen.  I cut the background piece from an area that had lighter to medium shades in it, sponged on Distress aged mahogany ink using the ink blending tool,  stamped the flourishes with aged mahogany, distressed the edges of the piece with the Tonic paper distresser, again sponged aged mahogany on the edges and attached it to the folded card.  Layered on the die cut pieces using foam mounting tape.  Stamped the heart on a light area of the printed paper using aged mahogany, cut it out and attached it to the card with foam mounting tape.  Added an Ideology spinner to the center of the clock with a brad and attached them to the card doubling the foam mounting tape for more dimension.

7 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

Lovin' the colors here!

Linda

Kelly O said...

It is very pretty. I love the together forever font.

Deborah March said...

Nicely done Wanda! Love the metal clock!

Judy W. said...

Becca at AmazingPaperGrace.com is Sharing the Comment Wealth and I picked you! You have shared some beautiful projects on your blog! I love all the layering and distressing and your detailed directions! Thanks for sharing!

Lori said...

Wow, this is fantastic! Love all those papers!

Turid said...

I really really really like this card. Great composition, great papers, great work.

Yogi said...

I really love how this turned out and the papers are gorgeous.