Tuesday, March 29, 2011

CBC - Glitter


This week is Out Like a Lamb and/or Glitter for the Created Byhand Challenge.  I went with the glitter option.  All stamps are from Quietfire Design.  Both the background and border papers are from Tim Holtz's Crowded Attic paper stack.  I stamped the dotted harlequin background image using matte medium...  I sponged the medium onto the stamp and then stamped it on the paper.  I immediately poured on some glitter  - the goldish copperish color.  I had thought it would work pretty good to use the matte medium and glitter but I didn't get very good coverage... I probably needed more medium on the stamp but rather then re-doing it, I went with what I had... I did however use clear glue and re-glittered some of the dots in the background image directly on the paper.  The edges are distressed with Tim's paper distresser and inked with Distress Ink pumice stone.  The border is a Tim Holtz On the Edge die, scrollwork.  The saying is stamped on white cardstock with Archival Ink jet black and die cut with Spellbinders lacy squares... edges are sponged with Distress Ink pumice stone.  The next size lacy square was also cut from white cardstock and colored with Distress Ink aged mahogany.  Along the left side, over the border die cut, I added a 1/4" piece of double sided tape, removed the liner, added the same glitter, pressed well with my finger and removed the extra.

3 comments:

Netty said...

Its a beautiful card Wanda and totally love the quote. Annette x

Lori said...

Beautiful card, Wanda, just gorgeous! Love that scroll on the side!

Yogi said...

beautiful. That's a really nice way to use that on the edge die.Nice distressed background