Saturday, September 15, 2012

Making Art Challenge #50


It's very hard to believe that this is the 50th Challenge issued by our most fabulous list mom, Lori, on the Everything Wendy Vecchi Yahoo Group!!!  Our challenge this time is to take the techniques Tim Holtz shared in the Stamptember video on Simon Says Stamp's Blog HERE but use at least one Wendy stamp or as in the video, stamps from one set.  So I took a bit of time this afternoon and made a tag.  I used stamps from one of Wendy's new stamp sets, Art For You.  This is a fabulous set with insects, a honeycomb background and two word stamps, one of which is the "Be You" that I used.  For most of it I followed the video but then added a couple of other techs too.  I started with a manilla tag and the Distress Stains I used were spun sugar, scattered straw, and picket fence because I don't own the metallics yet.  Distress Inks used in the background are picked raspberry, ripe persimmon, and vintage photo.  Distress Inks used on the main bee are peacock feathers, and seedless preserves applied with a water brush.  After following along for the background and stamping I then used the water brush to put just plain water in the wings and body of the main image bee, let it sit a bit and blotted it up.  This lightened the color in the bee and then I went back in and added color.  The heart is one of Wendy's blossom bucket pieces colored with Archival Ink and then I rubbed Distress Stickles spun sugar on it.  Also around the bee and the heart I added a line of Distress Ink pumice stone with the water brush to give a little shading for depth.  It was great fun getting inky as I haven't had much time for that lately.  Thanks to Wendy Vecchi for her fabulous products and wonderful inspiration on her blog and to Lori for taking such good care of use on the Wendy group!!!




8 comments:

Nancy said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful! LOVE the sentiment. Great colors and stamping, Wanda.

SusanK said...

Gorgeous all the way around!

Kathy Eddy said...

Oh yum! Look at the fantastic colors you got here. This is so pretty!

Alexandra said...

Bee-utiful tag, gorgeous stamping. I love the gorgeous colours you've used. Alexandra x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

This is fabulous!!! I need that bee stamp! I love love love your background!

Nan G said...

Oooohhh this one is so fabulous too. Yep I want the bee stamp set too!

Lori said...

Oooo, this is awesome! Love the bugs and bees! Thanks so much for joining the MAC!