Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Great Work



I started this journal page Sunday afternoon.  It is inspired by the sermon at church Sunday morning that focused on this scripture and on the various "Great Works" we all have going on in our lives.  Specifically in Nehemiah the great work was rebuilding wall and that would be why I have a wall on my page.  The page already had the blue in the background - I had pressed a stencil (The Crafter's Workshop) on the page to use up the ink left on it after using it to spray through on another project.  The brick was made using Wendy Vecchi's brick stencil and her embossing paste.  After the paste was dry I used Golden Fluid acrylics to paint over and to add highlights.  Next I wanted to add some 'sunshine' to my background without causing the blue ink to bleed and wondered if I might accomplish that by using alcohol inks; so I tried it and it worked - yay!!!!  The scripture is hand written with a Pitt pen.  The bottom seemed bare and I wanted to put something there so die cut some manila cardstock using a Tim Holtz on-the-edge die and then sprayed it with Dylusions spray and a little bit of Perfect Pearls spray which you probably can't see but I like that it looks like sunshine reflecting.  I am now sitting here wondering why I made the wall such a dark color, lol.  Oh well, I like the page!!!!




10 comments:

Linda said...

I like the page too. Great job. Linda E.

Krista Hentges said...

You know mom, I think the dark wall actually makes the rest of it pop out more...if you had done it lighter it might not have the same effect...just a thought...love you

donna!ee said...

beautiful, great content & color & contrast...thank you so much for sharing! blest be ;D

Nancy said...

Great page, Wanda! And I agree with your daughter!

SusanK said...

Wow, what an amazing piece! And it just goes to show that we never when inspiration will hit us. Lovely!

Shelly Schmidt said...

A fun page with awesome inspiration. I think the wall is great as is your sentiment. I need to play in my (empty) are journal......

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOL...love the scripture! What a fun piece and so thought provoking!

tea said...

Great job, I just love the scripture, it should be turned into a stamp! And it makes you think, does it not, about the important and less important walls and bricks in our lives.

Marjie Kemper said...

Great way to use the brick stencil!

Marcia Beckett said...

Lovely work. Thanks for sharing.