Monday, January 21, 2013

A Mini Card



A quick little mini card using some of the newest stamps from Quietfire Design plus an older one, the I Love You Alphabet image.   I started with a #8 manila tag, folding it in half.  I used Distress Stains to color the outside (barn door) and the inside (scattered straw) and then Distress Ink barn door applied with a blending sponge around the inside.  The background on the front is stamped with Distress barn door ink.  The heart is stamped on a scrap of white cardstock using Archival Ink jet black, colored in using a waterbrush and Distress Stains - just pick up a little stain off your craft sheet and start painting - and cut out.  All the sentiments and the flourish inside the card are stamped with jet black and color added to the inside flourish again using the waterbrush.  The 13mm white silk ribbon is colored with Distress Stain barn door and scattered straw.  

You could take more time and doodle edges with a black pen or add more stamping using some of Quietfire's flourishes from the Flourishes 1 set or how about the Flourishing Inside Hearts.  Leaving the left side of the inside blank allows a place for you to write a personal message.  




7 comments:

donna!ee said...

cute cute...thank you much for sharing! you've opened the door for so many possibilities, blest be ;D

Marjie Kemper said...

Soooo sweet! I keep seeing these XL tags used this way and mean to give it a go. Yours is lovely, Wanda!

SusanK said...

So, now I "need" to buy larger tags? Oh, my friend, you are such an enabler! But I know I could easily shrink this to tags that I have on hand. What a lovely idea and could easily be slipped into a lunch bag, brief case, etc.

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

beautiful as always Wanda. love the mini card.
hugs
susan s.

Nan G said...

Another pretty! Love barn door and scattered straw together. Yes, you're an enabler. I see the new #8 & #10 tags being used a lot in this way.

Quietfire said...

This is absolutely adorable Wanda! Thanks so much!

tea said...

Isn't it funny, or should I say distressing, how the most evident ideas never hit me? Like using two tones, one for the outside and one for the inside, of distress stains. I realize I have to get me some of those. Also cudos to Quietfire for making such BEAÙTIFUL Stamps!