Sunday, October 20, 2013

Commit


The background technique on this tag is one I've done several times this year because I just love the result so much.  I add embossing paste through a stencil (white or translucent), spray on color (I used Dylusions on this tag) and let it dry.  When it's all dry I brush on Golden's fluid matte medium.  This seals in the color, leaves a matte rather than glossy finish.  The matte finish doesn't feel sticky like glossy can sometimes.  Also the whole feel of the paper is awesome!!  Almost like a piece of leather or something.  After the matte medium was dry I added Inka Gold around the edges and lightly over other raised areas.  White Sharpie paint pen was used on the raised dots (also the dots on the flowers).  The vine and bird are die cuts (Sizzix).  The butterfly is a Studio 490 stamp.  The flowers are Studio 490 Art Parts.  The scripture is an Our Daily Bread Designs stamp.  Distress Paint used on the vine and flowers.  Dylusions painted on the butterfly.  An Idea-ology piece tied to the top with ribbon.  Viva paint pen for the center dots on the flowers.




I also did some stamping on the back of the tag leaving room to write a personal message.  All stamps on the back are Wendy Vecchi Studio 490. Distress Paint over the back and stamping with Ranger Archival Ink.



9 comments:

Debby said...

This is absolultely gorgeous Wanda. So you brushed mate medium over the top to get that lovely texture? I may have to try this. Working on your journal pages now!

Wendy said...

Love this vibrant and full-of-texture tag, fabulous!! xx

Linda Ward said...

The tag is beautiful and takes my breath away. I like that you give us the technique you use so we can try to duplicate it. Of course, mine will never turn out like your gorgeous background !!!

Quietfire said...

Gorgeous!

Nancy said...

I love this, Wanda!! And you know I'm going to have to try this technique ... love it!!

Vic said...

Stunning!

Nan G said...

Fab tag! Love the vibrant color. I have to give this a try seeing as I have everything. :)

Lynne Forsythe said...

Wanda....this is just BEAUTIFUL.....LOVE all the color!!

Turid said...

So cool!