Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Journal Page - Heart Longing



So I decided to turn the heart I shared in THIS post (pic below) into a journal page.  I started with a page that already had some iced spruce Distress Stain on it - I was testing to see if it dried the correct color and it did.  But I didn't have a plan for it so...  I glued the heart to the page with Golden's gel medium and let it dry.  Then I first painted around it with Fresco Finish yellow submarine, let dry.  Then covered the yellow with Fresco Finish crackle glaze, I just spurted some on and spread it with my finger, let it dry... then painted over it with a mix of Fresco Finish very berry and claret, let dry.  Next I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil and gold embossing paste to add another type of crackle along the bottom and in the upper right corner.  I've been looking at it for a couple of days and part of me thinks I should do more around the heart, but don't know what... and part of me like it just how it is, so for now, at least, it's how it is. 


No comments: