Sunday, May 11, 2014

Embrace Today



Had a little play time this afternoon and made this small (as in not quite 2" x 5") hanging.  I had this piece of corrugated cardboard that was part of the packing in a box and just felt like making something with it.  I tore some of the surface to expose the ribbing.  I used PaperArtsy's Fresco Finish paints (snowflake, zesty zing, tango, london bus, limelight, hey pesto) for all the color, Ranger's Archival Ink jet black for the stamping, and a bit of Treasure Gold renaissance for some shine around the edges.  I stamped an extra flower and the words on a scrap of smoothy cardstock,  The flower, leaves, and little flowers along the bottom are from PaperArtsy's JOFY set #24.  The words are from PaperArtsy's EclecTica3 Lin Brown set #ELB06.  I added a dot of Glossy Accents in the center of the larger flower and on the dots of the smaller flowers.  Punched 2 holes and added some black wire for a hanger.

4 comments:

Vic said...

Very pretty!

Unknown said...

You are the Queen of recycling. The piece of art is beautiful.

Turid said...

What a lovely reminder to seize the day. And how inspiring. Makes me wanna go home and paint on wellboard:-), darned dayjob. So I guess I will just have to embrace being at work, and thanks to your art Piece I will.

Jutta said...

Gorgeous Tag! Wonderful sentiment!