Saturday, August 30, 2014

Twirl a journal page




Good Morning!!!  I'm again playing with the new stamp from Quietfire Design, When in doubt Twirl, and I'm also playing with old and new stamps from PaperArtsy Ellen Vargo.  The twirl stamp is so Fun, it just makes me smile!!!  Flowers also make me smile and I wanted to make a big beautiful flower from a new Ellen stamp.  A journal page seemed like the place to go.  I started the background by scraping Fresco Finish paints (limelight, beach hut) and then used a baby wipe to fill in some left over white spots with zesty zing.  Next I stamped the large sketchy circle and then the new small sketchy with Archival Ink aquamarine.  The large swirl stamp at the bottom is first stamped with a mix of green paints and then after I had the flower done I decided to also stamp it with Archival Ink emerald green.  Around the edge is a sketchy oval stamped with Archival Ink jet black.  Twirl is stamped with Archival Ink jet black... the first time I stamped it directly on the background and got it crooked because I forgot it wasn't straight on my acrylic block because the first time I used it it didn't have to be since I was going to tear it out (see previous post).  So I tore a piece of masking tape, put it over my first stamping, painted it, and then stamped it again.  To blend in the edges of the masking tape I doodled the long twirl around it but that was actually a perfect addition - twirl, twirl!!!  

I needed to stamp the petals of the flower onto something and I have this large box of various backgrounds and scraps that I throw leftover pieces in after working on something.  To prove it's large here is a couple of pics.


You are not even seeing to the bottom of the box in the picture below.


The piece of paper on the very top is what's left of the piece I used to stamp all the flower petals on and cut them out (also the circle for the center of the flower).  Yes, it first came out of the box and then what was left went back in.  I'm really trying to start using up some of this stuff!!!!   I put the flower together and then first painted on the stem and then used a Posca paint marker over it and finally a white gel pen and a black Pitt pen.  I also used the Pitt pen to draw a spiral on the center of the flower.  A white Sharpie paint marker was used to add the white dots to the petals.  I hope this page makes you smile.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I come and raid your box ???? You have some beautiful backgrounds in there. The flower on the card is awesome and I really like the colors. Your journal must be a picture of art !!

Tracey T said...

It certainly does make me smile😀 beautiful page xx

Unknown said...

Love the stamps you used and the colors are wonderful together. Awesome page!

Its In Our Hands said...

Love Love Love this page. Is there a US distributor for the PaperArtsy stamps or do you send to England for them?

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous page Wanda! I need a box like that! Lol! xxx

Turid said...

What a good stamp! Really one for the books. a musthave:-)
And the stamper is fab, as always, crisp, Vibrant Colors and a joie de vivre to die for.

Julie S said...

Ohhh...I love your box of colorful bits! I happen to have a box sitting at work that would be put to excellent use in my creative space. I've been putting my spares in a file folder and it's bursting.

Your page definitely makes me smile. Love the swirly bits!