Thursday, February 26, 2015

Imagine! Imagine!


Today I'm sharing my 4th sample I did with the new Sara Naumann stamps for PaperArtsy.  The Fresco Finish paint colors used are vanilla, guacamole, sherbet, Spanish mulberry, Lake Wanaka, and snowflake.  I worked a background on a 5" x 7" piece of smoothy card.  I began with spots of paint (vanilla, guacamole, sherbet) added with a piece of cut 'n dry foam.  Next I stamped various images (ESN 14 & 15) with Spanish mulberry, Lake Wanaka and snowflake.  To create the hill I put a line of guacamole paint and then used a flat paintbrush to drag the paint down.  I stamped the bird both on the background and also on a painted piece of heavy smoothy, cut out the extra bird and another wing, and glued them to the piece.  For the words I dry brushed paint on a scrap, stamped the quote, cut out the pieces and edged them with paint.  The edges of the whole piece are sponged with paint and then dashes added with a Posca marker.  





5 comments:

SCarol said...

This is so lovely! Love the bird and the backround is stunning.

Julie Lee said...

These colours look so good! I love your background and the little bird! What a lovely sentiment that is too. xx

Hazel Agnew said...

Refreshing, cheerful and Springlike! Love it Wanda! X

Kirsten said...

I love it! What a gorgeous background.

Cocofolies said...

Love this card, so fresh and lovely!! :) Happy Sunday, Coco xx