Friday, February 27, 2015

My Strength and my Shield


For the background I started by gluing a piece Tim Holtz tissue wrap to white cardstock.  I painted it with Fresco Finish Paints (banana and Caribbean sea from the new Lin Brown Limited Edition Set 3), washed over it with snowflake FF paint, stamped the scripture (Our Daily Bread Designs) with Archival Ink jet black, stenciled through sequin waste with the Caribbean sea, and added gold embossing around the edge.  Glued on the butterfly piece. Colored white string with banana paint and water and added it as shown.  Colored the beads that create the butterfly bodies with just a touch of alcohol ink.


4 comments:

Felicia said...

You know what Wanda, this is a GORGEOUS card!I love this card right down to every little detail! That stamp is heavenly!! I really like the color theme too because it's making me think about spring! We may have a touch of it here in the south next week, but I know how Mother Earth likes to play tricks on us!! LOL Hope you are doing well!! Many, many blessings to you! :))))

Unknown said...

Wanda, great color combinations. That Bible verse is so meaningful. Love the butterfly accents.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Wanda, that is a beautiful background and those butterflies are fabulous.
Wishes
Lynne

Turid said...

Is it a Card, is it a plane, is it a work of art? supercalifragilisticexpialidociousSuperopptilkjempefantafenomenalistisk (in norwegian)