Friday, February 6, 2015

PA Lin Sample #3 - PaperArtsy Launch Day #6


Happy Friday!!!  I hope you've had a good week and are looking forward to the weekend.  Today I'm sharing the 3rd sample I made with the new Lin Brown stamps.  But First... this is Day #6 in the week long Launch Days over on the PaperArtsy Blog.  Today focuses on the new Lynne Perrella releases.. and here is today's video...


Do be sure and pop on over to the PA blog to check out all the wonderful Lynne samples.  


In my guest designer post HERE on the PaperArtsy blog back in December I shared an alcohol drip technique and that is the technique I started with on this sample.  I started with the blue paint and put the pink paint over it, dripping with the alcohol, laying a paper towel over the piece right away and then taking it back off.  To lighten the background more I washed over it with snowflake paint mixed with water and blotted with a cloth.  I stenciled the dots (PS001) with snowflake.  I stamped over the background using Archival Ink auquamarine with a stamp from sheet ELB05.  Around the edges is sponged with snowflake first and then with yellow.  The flower and stem are stamped onto the panel with Archival Ink jet black plus an extra flower stamped on a scrap.  I used hey pesto on the stem/leaves and yellow on the extra flower, extra details added with either white or black pen.  The extra flower is cut out, a gold brad added to the center and the flower attached to the panel.  I laid down strips of washi tape and stamped the quote (ELB05) with jet black ink.  Black pen used for the dots around the edge and a white marker used to color in some of the dots in the washi tape.





2 comments:

Claire said...

This is lovely Wanda! So love the colours you've used and the background is stunning! X

Anonymous said...

Wanda this is a glorious creation. The colours are so fresh.
Wishes
Lynne