Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Stardust and Rainbow


The background of this tag is inspired by Wendy Vecchi.  She shared a picture on facebook of gold embossing paste through a stencil onto a black tag and it was so pretty I just had to try it.  I've used a TCW stencil and Wendy's gold paste onto a #8 black tag.  Her paste is made by Dreamweavers and is the same formula as their gold paste so either will work.  I used my finger to also dab some of the gold paste around the edges.  Once that was all dry I stamped a script image with white pigment ink here and there over the tag.  

The center piece is the Quietfire Design quote, The true harvest of my daily life, stamped with Archival Ink jet black onto kraft paper.  The edges were inked with vintage photo distress ink and crumpled up.  The leaf piece at the top right is a Prima Finnabair metal embellishment that I've brushed with Treasure Gold.  The two paper flowers at the bottom also have some Treasure Gold on them and a black brad in the center.  Cream colored twine at the bottom and top.






3 comments:

Quietfire said...

Gorgeous! Just gorgeous! Thanks for using the stamp on a day off! vbg!

Julie Lee said...

This is so beautiful! I love the sentiment and the beautiful curled edges and the colours and composition - well, everything about it really! xx

Debby said...

Lovely tag! That gold paste on black is dramatic! Love it.