Friday, March 6, 2015

Live Work Create


I've been working on a project that I can't share yet but in the midst of it, while things were drying, I had a little play and made this tag.  I began with all four colors in the newest PaperArtsy Lin Brown limited edition set of paints (banana, tangerine twist, Caribbean sea, and bougainvillea).  I added a few small drops of each color to my craft sheet, sprayed it well with water, moved the paint around a bit with a palette knife and dragged the tag through.. re-dipping the tag in a couple spots and dried it.  It did start to muddy a little but overall looks good, especially after working on top.  I stamped the large image from the PaperArtsy Hot Picks set HP1301EZ with Archival Ink jet black.  It's a collage image that includes the butterfly.  The top left corner of the image has some flowers and I stamped more of those around the top of the tag.  I used a white Posca marker to color in the flowers and once dry a Pitt pen to bring back in some black details.  Over the bottom area and up the right side just a bit I stamped the small dotted circle image from the PA Lin Brown set ELB15 using snowflake paint.  Live Work Create (in the same set as the collage image) is stamped with snowflake paint.  It slid just a bit when I was stamping it but came out alright.  To work it up a bit I added white dots with the Posca pen and then painted with banana.... at which point it didn't look like there was enough yellow in the background so I added some banana around the butterfly and down by the left bottom corner.  I painted a scrap of smoothy cardstock with bougainvillea and snowflake paint, stamped the image to get another butterfly, cut it out and glued it over the butterfly stamped on the tag.  To finish up I added twine around the bottom and also up in the hole and glued a Finnabair mechanical piece to the center of the butterfly.  The bead hanging down was very black and # added just a bit of yellow diamond Treasure Gold onto it.  




13 comments:

SCarol said...

Is this one of your fab projects we're going to see at PA?? Gorgeous tag and am going to try swishing a tag like this right away.

Krista Hentges said...

Omg mom I love this! Amazing!

Linda M. Cain said...

Love it!!!

Sarah B said...

Lovely and fresh xx

Zoe said...

Stunning tag Wanda, love it xx Zoe xx

Claire said...

This is lovely, really love those new Lin Brown colours and you've used them to great effect! X

Lori said...

Wow! That's gorgeous! And no fair, teasing us with a project you can't say anything about yet. You're bad. LOL

Tracey T said...

Fantastic and such gorgeous colours, will give this a try xxx

Wendy said...

A beautiful tag, love it! Xx

PaperArtsy said...

Wow its a beauty!! Gorgeous idea Wanda!

craftimamma said...

This is wonderful Wanda! Those new paint colours are so uplifting (I've been playing with them this week ;D)and I love the white dotty flowers at the bottom and the ones around the top.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Etsuko said...

Beautiful creation! Awesome colours scheme, I was very inspired.

Bibi Lindahl said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the vibrant colours and adore the butterfly with that pretty body - great idea!!
xox