Thursday, May 21, 2015

Piano Bird


Happy Thursday!!!  I hope your week is good so far!!!  This is a card I did for our son's birthday.  He turned 21 this past Monday and he is getting married in just over 3 weeks.  He loves playing the piano and singing, hence the keyboard on the card.  I used the Memory Box piano border die, cut it from black cardstock, attached it to white cardstock and trimmed around it.  For the background on the card I used Distress Inks (cracked pistachio, fossilized amber, mermaid lagoon) on my craft sheet, sprayed with water and dipped the paper into it.  After drying the ink I added snow cap pigment it applied with 2 sizes for sponge daubers.  The bird is from the Tim Holtz set Bird Crazy.  I stamped it directly on the card and then stamped it again on watercolor paper.  I colored bird on watercolor paper with Distress inks and a waterbrush, cut out the main part and attached it over the bird on the card.  The scripture is an Our Daily Bread Designs stamp, stamped with Archival Ink jet black and embossed with clear powder.  I used a Pitt pen for the doodle around the edge. 


6 comments:

Kelley said...

Cute card, Wanda!!

Unknown said...

The car is awesome. I really like the background you did and the bird is so cute. I am sure your son will like this card.

C. M. Taylor said...

How luck for you and your grandson! A special and personal card for a very special person. Congratulations and God bless you both.

SCarol said...

Such a sweet card. I love the bird! The verse is a wonderful one and great to give to your son on such an important birthday.

Theresa said...

great card. it would be great for my son too as he plays the piano as well xx

Turid said...

I absolutely love this!