Thursday, July 30, 2015

Glory


I had so much fun making that Christmas card for the Quietfire Creations blog yesterday that I had to make another one.  This time I used one of Quietfire's older stamps but one I love.  I began with a 1/4 sheet of cardstock and brayered on Dylusions paint in red and green in a random pattern not overlapping too much or you get brown (red and green are opposites).  I actually started with one color and did a piece of paper and then took a second piece (without adding more paint) of paper and continued and, of course, the second piece was lighter as there was less paint on the brayer and then repeated that sequence with the second color.  The piece I used for this card is the second piece with the lighter brayering.  Over the brayering I stenciled (TCW mini circle explosion) with white paint.  At that point I was out of time for the moment and when I came back later and decided where I wanted to stamp the quote I realized I needed that area to be lighter.  I sponged on snowcap pigment ink in an area large enough for the quote.  I stamped the quote with Archival Ink jet black and embossed it with clear powder.  Next I cut a rectangle around the quote.  I edged it with red paint and then gold and set it aside.  I continued to work on the rest of the background.  I stenciled the poinsettias (TCW mini Merry Doodles) with green paint.  Using a red Posca paint pen I scribbled red inside the leaves.  I splattered on some white and black paint, added some gold dots and edged the outside and inside edges with gold.  This is layered to a green panel, ribbon wrapped around it and the center panel attached with 2 layers of foam mounting tape.  It's all layered to a folded red card and a Prima poinsettia glued on.



3 comments:

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

This is beautiful Wanda. I really love your Christmas cards and the stamp is beautiful as is the background. Lovely.Don't stop now you have me thinking Christmas. hahaha.hugs.

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

Ooh Wanda, you know I LOVE that background. You are scaring me thinking about Christmas already. I am still waiting for school to start. lol

I'm a Little Teapot said...

What a beautiful card!