Saturday, July 25, 2015

Worry - Strength Journal Spread


Happy Saturday!!!  It's been a busy week.  We are working at putting new siding on our house... you know, in addition to the rest of the usual life things.  It's going to look great but definitely takes longer than you think it will.  In-between I've been working on this journal spread in the Dylusions small journal we received in class this past Saturday.  Quietfire Design has new stamps!!!!  I specifically wanted to use the Worry quote on a journal page.  This is such a great quote and I'm thrilled Suzanne has penned it out and made it a stamp.  As you can tell, I've also still been in Dylusions mode :-)  I've used Dylusions paints in the background and also on an extra piece of mixed media paper to use for the flowers combined with stencils and also a little stamping.  All the stamps I've used (except for the QF quote) are Dylusions stamps.  I used Dylusions ink to color in the open leaves.  I die cut a scalloped rectangle from plastic packaging to make a mask (and I also have the other part which makes a stencil) to lay over the quote and then sponge black paint.  All doodling/dots done with either a white gel pen or Posca markers.  I also splashed about some watered down white and then pink paint.  When stamping I've used Archival Ink jet black.




4 comments:

Debby said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the quote too. I was snarky on my journal pages but out of frustration.

Michelle said...

Very pretty and colorful! I need quotes like that for reminders.

SCarol said...

What a great quote and I love the flowers and the colours on this spread.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks like the top of a cake! Beautiful and a great quote.