Saturday, November 28, 2015

Our Hearts Grow Tender


Here's another card using some of the new Quietfire Design stamps, the quote from the Our Hearts Grow Tender set and the large snowflake from the Illuminations 2 set.

For color I've used PaperArtsy's Fresco Finish paints, guacamole and sherbet. 

For the main panel I put drops of paint on my craft sheet, sprayed on water, used my finger to work the water into the paint colors and swirl them just a bit and then dragged my paper through the paint.  The paper I'm using is Elizabeth Craft Designs soft finish cardstock.  I love the subtle texture of this cardstock and it works great with paint (or ink or other things).  I dried the paint and then stamped the snowflake with sherbet.  To do this I put some paint on my craft sheet, use my finger to spread it out and then stamp into the paint and onto my card.  I dried the snowflakes and before stamping the quote with Versafine ink I used an anti-static pad across the paper.  Once stamped I embossed with clear powder.  The edges are distressed with a Tim Holtz distress tool.  The next layer is white, then a painted layer (I just dabbed the paint around the edges of the piece), then a white layer stamping the snowflake with sherbet again, and finally the folded card has been paint with guacamole.  A piece of white lace and a gold snowflake finish it up. 

I'd like to remind you about the Quietfire Sentiments of the Season Blog Hop and that there are prizes being offered on each blog.  Comments must be left by midnight Sunday, Nov. 29.  Get all the info on the Quietfire Creations Blog HERE.  



No comments: