Saturday, December 12, 2015

Happy Birthday from Cork


For today's card I pulled out my Ranger Resist ink pad as it was feeling very neglected :-)  I inked through the Tim Holtz stencil blossoms with the resist ink onto glossy paper, removed the stencil, and then inked over the whole piece with Distress Inks (cracked pistachio, salty ocean, shaded lilac).  I just love how the pattern pops with resist techniques!!!  Finally I distressed the edges of the panel.  The next layer is white cardstock inked around the edges with Distress Ink picked raspberry.  Around these layers I've attached some lace.  On top of the lace I've added a butterfly cut from white cardstock, inked with Distress Ink, some Distress Glitter added to the wings and pearls to the body.  The A Way With Words Happy Birthday (Quietfire Design / Elizabeth Craft Designs) is die cut from Idea-ology surfaces cork.