Tuesday, December 15, 2015

New A Way With Words Dies - A card using Happy Birthday!!!


Today is the day!!!!!!!!  You can see all the new A Way With Words dies being release at CHA over on the Quietfire Blog HERE!!!

Suzanne's beautiful calligraphy makes such gorgeous dies!!!  They are a pleasure to work with!!!

On this card I've used the new happy birthday.  It is cut from Shimmer Sheetz and also white soft finish cardstock, both backed with double sided adhesive.  These have been layered together so the white creates a highlight to the left.  The butterfly is a Not new Elizabeth Craft Designs die.  I've cut it from white soft finish cardstock and then used Distress Inks to give color to the detailed wings and the body piece.  For my background I've put Ranger's texture paste through a stencil (Tim Holtz flourish) and while the paste was still wet, sprayed the paper with Distress Spray Stains.  Once sprayed, I blotted off excess color from the paste with a towel making those areas lighter and also giving texture to the paste.  I then dried it with my heat tool not letting the paste get too hot.  It dried beautifully!!  The finished card measures 4 3/8" x 6 5/8".