Saturday, January 23, 2016

Friends in an Oval


I got happy mail yesterday - a package from Elizabeth Craft Designs!!  Yay!!  As soon as their new products became available on their website I ordered the stencils and a few dies. I just had to have a play right away!!  I was going to do a stitched oval layer but when I reached for some Soft Finish Cardstock there was a folded piece large enough for the oval I was cutting and I thought "Oh, an oval folded card would be cool" and so I did.

The finished size of this card is about 4 1/4" x 3".  Just a cute little card that would work great even as a note on the outside of a package.  Here's how I made it.

1.  Cut Stitched Oval from folded Soft Finish Cardstock (100# White) leaving the cutting edge of the die outside the fold at the top.  There is about 3/4" at the fold not cut. 


2. Place Swirly Flourish stencil over front of card and ink with Twisted Citron through stencil.  Ink edges of card with Squeezed Lemonade. 

3.  Die cut Friends from Shimmer Sheetz backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive, remove liner and stick to card.

4.  Die cut all parts of Garden Notes Zinnia except the stem from Soft Finish Cardstock.  Ink leaves with Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn.  Ink flowers with Salty Ocean and Wilted Violet.  Ink pistils with Squeezed Lemonade and leave stamens white.  Shape petals using a molding mat and loop tool.  Add line to leaves with leaf tool and leaf pad adding more ink along line.  Glue flower together on card.


2 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous.xxx

Gmalew said...

Beautiful card! Especially like the colors and the flower and the oval shape and everything!