Saturday, February 20, 2016

Bloom in Wax


The current topic on the PaperArtsy Blog is Wax.  The challenge post is HERE.  I did a super simple project.  I started with a left over piece, cut to atc size, of a Fresco Paint brayered background.  Over the background, I stenciled (Lin Brown Stencil 001) Bora Bora Fresco Finish Paint, stamped the script (Mini 61) with Archival Ink Leaf Green, and stamped the flower (Darcy Mini 03) with Jet Black.  To add color and detail to the flower I used Faber-Castell Big Brush Pens and a small white Posca paint pen.  I doodled around the edge of the atc with the white Posca and a Black Pitt pen and also added some dots to some of the stenciled circles with a Big Brush Pen.  Bloom (from Darcy's EDY07) is stamped on a scrap with Jet Black, color added with a Big Brush Pen and glued onto the card.  I heated beeswax in an old hot pot and when it was all liquid I dipped the atc in the wax, took it out, and sprinkled on some Beadazzles.  The wax cools quickly so to be sure the Beadazzles stayed, I hit it a bit with a heat tool so they could sink more into the wax.  I also heated where the word was and scraped off some of the wax as it was a bit heavy there.  Oh, before dipping the card into wax, I also signed the back so it's all ready to trade!!!



9 comments:

Etsuko said...

This is very pretty project, Darcy's your image and background are beautiful. Adore your wax work. xx

Clare Lloyd said...

Super project

Tracey T said...

Such a beautiful project, love the colours and the beads in the wax are fab, I always forget about atc's and always have bits of card left so thank you, hugs xxx

Cal Shrive said...

Your ATC project is just gorgeous! :)

CastleKelly Crafts said...

Just gorgeous x

Lucy Edmondson said...

Wonderful! I love it!

Lucy x

Anneke said...

This looks fab!

Jane Royston said...

Beautiful project! I have some beeswax that I bought ages ago to use with my melt pot then didn't really know what to do with it, maybe I should get it back out! X

Felicia said...

Ohhhhh my gosh, this is tooooooo stinking cute Wanda! I always love your ATC's, but this one is just wonderful! :) Of course, I love those Fresco Paint colors......one day I will have the WHOLE LOT!!! LOLOL I have never used wax on projects, I would be so scared that I would burn the house down! Ha ha ha This is just fabulous with those cute little Beadazzle embellishments! Bloom for sure! :)