Thursday, May 26, 2016

Circle Journal #2

Hi There!!!  I hope I'm not sending anyone into shock having a post on my blog 5 days in a row!!  LOL

Today I'm sharing my second post for the Circle Journal swap I'm participating in.  The first post is HERE.  In that post I shared my journal that was sent on it's way to travel to the other 11 people in this round robin.  Today I'm sharing my pages in the first journal belonging to someone else.  It's quite scary!!!  I try really hard to set that fear aside and just have fun!!!  After all, they let me join the group.  This is Chris' journal and it is a mini ribbon holder.  I should have measured the size of the cardboard "spools" (not 3D round like a thread spool but these are for wrapping around).  They were probably not more than 4" high. 

This first side started with a copy of a bible page.  I copied onto text weight parchment looking paper.  This was glued to the cardboard and the excess paper torn off.  I used Fresco Finish paint to add background color and stenciling.  There is a piece of music tissue tape towards the bottom, behind the flowers.  The flower are a PaperArtsy stamp.  I've used metallic and white gel pens to add color to the flowers and to highlight the flourish stenciling.  A black Pitt Pen was used for writing.  Yellow twine and bow to finish it off.


The flip side has stenciling with GrungePaste, painting with Fresco Finish Paints. stamping with Archival Ink, shimmer added to the flower petals with A Wink of Stella pen, and a white gel pen for some added details.  The words are stamped onto a scrap of some background, cut out, edged and glued on.  A flower was added over the twine. 

When this makes it home in another 11 months or so, I do hope Chris likes the pages!!!




5 comments:

Etsuko said...

Fabulous pages and lovely colours. xx

Artmadnana said...

Oh I most certainly will! I can't wait to see it and stroke these pages. This really feels very special Wanda. Thankyou so very much xxx

Debby said...

Lovely pages! You do some awesome work!

Helen said...

fantastic pages - lucky Chris!

Sanna said...

those pages are lovely!! I am sure she will love them, I would :)