Thursday, June 9, 2016

Circle Journal #3

This is my page in Hazel's Journal, front and then back.  Again, and I know I say this with every journal but it's true, I had lots of fun working on this.  I just love getting the next journal in the mail and seeing how it was made and what's been done so far!!!  All the pages for people to create in Hazel's were different and we get to choose whichever one we want to use.  I flipped through the pages 3 times before I could choose which one, LOL!!  Fun, fun, fun!!!  


On this side of the paper, the partial image that I've colored red in the bottom left corner was already there.  I could tell it was a PaperArtsy Sara Naumann image that I have so I got out those, and other Sara stamps, and began.  I stamped the circle image around the page.  I painted in the partial heart image with, I think, Cherry Red and the circles with White Fire Fresco Finish Paint just using my finger.  Next I stamped the script with White Fire.  Then out came the Infusions!! Oh, these are so much fun!!! I blotted most of the infusions off the metallic circles but not all of it and dried it.  Next I stamped the heart image on another paper, painted it with my finger and cut it out.  I wasn't sure how I wanted to proceed on this page so I flipped it over and started the second page (explained below).  When I came back to this side, I next stamped the new little love image from the Quietfire Design Jewelry Words Set of Stamps in each of the circles.  The hearts were glued on with Ranger's Collage Medium Matte.  I painted around the hearts with Snowflake Fresco Finish Paint by putting a little paint on my brush, setting the brush up against the heart and brushing outward in small strokes.  When that was done and dry I used a black All-Stabilo pencil around the eharts and blended it with a water brush.  I stamped the words on a scrap of white, cut them out, edged them and blued them on.  Finally I added dots of White Fire on the hearts and painted the scallops at the bottom with White Fire.  




With my Sara stamps out, I decided to just continue using them on this page.  First I used Infusions on the paper sprinkling them on, adding water, and then lightly brushing in vertical lines.  The leaves were stamped with Archival Ink Watering Can and colored in with markers.  I drew the black scallops along the bottom with a Pitt Pen and then colored them in with Gel Pens in pastel colors.  The bird was stamped directly on the background and again on white card.  I cut the main bird from the paper, colored it and glued it over the bird on the paper.  Over the eye I added a drop of Glossy Accents.  The All-Stabilo pencil was used around the bird.  The words were stamped and embossed and then yellow ink was added in that area to just make them pop more.  Little pink flowers with Liquid Pearl drops in the center and an idea-ology word band with ribbon tied on finish it off.   

 


1 comment:

SewPaperPaint said...

HOW COOL! Love your play with Infusions, what interest it brings your gorgeous background! And that bird just kills me - so fantastic! Love, love the border along the bottom of each page, such a great accent!