Monday, July 25, 2016

A Sympathy Card


I needed a sympathy card this past weekend when I went to a memorial service.  It was a really nice memorial service and such a blessing as the family members talked about their loved one that had passed away.

This background uses a Sizzix embossing folder along with a Tim Holtz diffuser.  I stamped the scripture (from Our Daily Bread Designs), put the paper in the folder, lined up the diffuser plate with the circle in it and ran it through my vagabond.  The leafy branch is from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  I colored a paper with Distress Inks (twisted citron, cracked pistachio, mowed lawn) and then cut the branch.  The butterfly is a Tim Holtz stamp.  I inked a paper with Distress Ink (cracked pistachio, salty ocean), stamped the butterfly with jet black Archival, and then cut it out.  With ink left on an ink blending tool I added little areas of green lightly to the embossing in the background.  The butterfly was attached just in the body area so the wings could be dimensional.  



3 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

So beautiful!

C. M. Taylor said...

So very special. I'm sorry for your loss.

Turid said...

How Lovele a catd for a sad occasion. Love the overall look and every detail.