Sunday, July 3, 2016

Autumn Card - Creative Chemistry Summer 2016 - Distress Paint


Hi There!!!  It's a wet day in Southern Iowa but that is good as we really needed the rain. ...  Ok, yesterday was a wet day.  I started this post then but didn't get it finished.  Today is cloudy and cool.  It's not often you need a jacket on 4th of July holiday weekend.  

Over at Online Card Classes  Week 5 of the Summer of Creative Chemistry is in progress.  This would be the first week of Creative Chemistry 102 within the summer format.  Wonderful information and techniques all using Distress Paint.  I've played with 4 of the 6 techniques covered in this lesson and combined each of those plays into this card.  If you'd like to see some individual technique pictures you can find them on my Instagram page as I snapped some pictures with my phone as I worked but didn't also take them with my camera.  I could unload my phone and edit all those pictures but I'm choosing not to take that time.  

The background of this card uses the Eroded Metallics technique and then I've stamped over that using Distress Paint and the new Crackle Background image from Quietfire Design.  The piece the quote is stamped on is colored using the Distress Paint Marbeling technique with the colors, tumbled glass, broken china, and bundled sage.  The quote is a new one from Quietfire Design.  I stamped it with Archival Ink Jet Black and then added color to the leaf with Distress Markers.  It's die cut using the Elizabeth Craft Designs' Stitched Circles and then Black Soot Distress Paint dabbed around the edge.  The large leaf is cut from Grungeboard using the Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves die and then I've done the Colored Crackle technique.  After finishing the technique I sprayed on some Distress Mica Spray Antique Bronze blotting some back off so it wasn't too shimmery.  I love how it catches the light as the card is moved!!  The top leaf on the right is a metal leaf from my stash and I used the Distress Paint Altered Surfaces technique on it.  The other leaf is a wooded leaf that I painted with Distress Paint carved pumpkin, dried, inked with Distress Ink Ripe Persimmon and then embossed with Distress Embossing Powders Fired Brick & Spiced Marmalade.  There is some cheesecloth that was sprayed a bit with Distress Mica Spray before wrapping on the background.  Some colored twine and Dew Drops finish it up.    


The picture below allows you see the light off the Mica Spray on the leaf.



2 comments:

Tracey T said...

Really captures autumn so well. It sounds like you're having similar weather to us in England Wanda xxx

Felicia said...

I was gone for a couple of days so just seeing this, but BOY you are cranking the gorgeous cards out my friend! I love this fall card! Just beautiful! :) love the yummy colors and those leaves are gorge! Blessings