Saturday, October 8, 2016

For the rest of my life....


Quietfire Design has some new stamps.  They can currently be found in the What's New category on their website.  I've used one of them, For the Rest of My Life, on this card.  

I started with a background I already had that was created using Dylusion Sprays and the shaving cream technique.  Over this I stamped the quote with Archival Ink Jet Black.  Next I stamped the Doily image (Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 - Stamper's Anonymous) with Archival Ink Buttercup.  I stamped part of it in the upper right corner and then again in the lower left corner letting them overlap a bit in the center.  Then I've stamp a some Wildflowers (Tim Holtz - Stamper's Anonymous) with Jet Black ink and embossed them with clear powder.  The orange dots are stenciled (Wendy Vecchi Lots of Dots stencil - Stamper's Anonymous) with Archival Ink Tiger Lily.  The bottom of the paper is distressed.  There is orangey twine wrapped around the piece and tied.  This is attached to black cardstock and then a folded white card.  The Red heart started as a gold metal filigree heart.  I altered it by inking it with Wendy's Archival ink and then embossing it with her powder.  There are actually 3 layers as I kept changing my mind.  First I did Tiger Lily but it just didn't stand out enough for me.  Then I reinked and used the orange blossom powder.  Still not quite right.  Finally I inked it with red geranium and used the red geranium powder.  This is glued on and an Idea-ology (Tim Holtz) Mirrored Heart glued on top.  



No comments: