Thursday, January 19, 2017

I Love You


Happy Thursday!!!  I've always liked Valentine's Day and hearts are a favorite.  The heart from the die set Calligraphic Elements 1 is wonderful!!!  I love you is from the I Don't Tell You Often Enough set of 5 of stamps. 

For the background I started with Distress Paint (Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry).  I put some paint on my craft sheet and then used a mini brayer to put it on Distress Mixed Media Heavy Weight Card.  Next I used Tim Holtz's Hearts Stencil applying Rock Candy Crackle Paint through the stencil with a palette knife.  I left that to air dry.  Once it was dry I inked over the piece with Distress Ink Vintage Photo and used a damp cloth to clean the ink off the top of the hearts.  Distress Paint Tarnished Brass was splattered over the panel and then used on the edges.

The next layer is plain old copy paper stamped with an old text image and then crumpled, a lot.  The folded card is Kraft, splattered with Tarnished Brass and some dots added to the corners with a black pen.

I cut Tim Holtz's Doily (Sizzix) from copy paper and then from copy paper that was inked with Distress Ink Antique Linen.  I accordion folded the doilies and scrunched the centers to give them dimension.  The tinted one is scrunched more to make is smaller than the white one.  


When I was creating the background, I wiped a scrap of paper through the excess paint, dried it, gold embossed (Ranger's Queens Gold) the script over it and die cut the heart from it.  I also die cut a brown heart, layered them together and used Gl. Clear Wink of Stella on the exposed edges of brown.  Just on the very edge, not covering the brown.  It make a love shimmer that catches the light as the card moves.  I love you was stamped with Archival Ink Jet Black (Ranger) on a scrap of copy paper, tore out, inked a wrinkled a bit around the edges.  After gluing the die cut heart to the doilies I added a Mirrored Heart (Tim Holtz Idea-ology) to the center.  



Enjoy your Thursday!!  Hugs, Wanda







6 comments:

Debby said...

This is so pretty! Love it!

SewPaperPaint said...

Wanda, I just love your amazing heart background and love the double layered doilies! What a beautiful Valentine indeed!

Turid said...

Gotta love this card. The heart that kind of hugs itself is so cool.

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous make! Love the combination of stamps and stencils you used! The heart and doilies are so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us on Mixed Media Monthly!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! LOVE those hearts - they have beautiful color and texture!! Love! Thank you so much for playing with us this month at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog!

Ann said...

Love the hearts but then I am a fool for such! Very pretty!