Thursday, January 12, 2017

Today is the Day - A Way With Words & A Way With Stencils


The new release of A Way With Words dies and now A Way With Stencils also is here.  Suzanne has a created a video showing off all the new product along with wonderful samples created by the Quietfire Design Team. 


You can also see them all in the What's New category on the Quietfire Design website and in the Coming Soon category on the Elizabeth Craft Designs website. 

I have 3 samples in the video and will be showing them here over the next few days.  This first one uses the new Prayers cutting die.  Isn't it gorgeous!!!  When I first made the card I used a light colored folded base and inked it with green but in person it just didn't look quite right to me and after a couple of days I trimmed it off and put it on a grey base (the first picture in this post).  I'm also showing you the pictures I took of the first one as I took more of them.  

The grey paper is ECD's Soft Finish cardstock in Pewter.  For the "frame" I cut the oval from the panel using ECD's Dotted Scallop Ovals and then embossed the right side of the paper with ECD's Curvy Leaves.  Prayers is also cut from the Pewter cardstock.  The piece behind the frame is a piece of Mixed Media Cardstock (Ranger) inked with Distress Ink Worn Lipstick by putting the ink on a craft sheet, spraying some water and pressing the paper into it.  Over the inked layer I used the ECD Swirly Flourish stencil to apply Transparent Texture Paste (Ranger) and then while the paste was still wet added ECD's Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.  Let it dry and then burnished the glitter with my finger to remove any excess and really make it shine.  The flowers are from ECD's Bunch of Flowers 4 die set.  They are cut from White Soft Finish cardstock, inked with Worn Lipstick, shaped with Susan's Garden tools, stacked and a small brad added to the center.  The leaves are ECD's Leafy Branch colored with Distress Spray Stain Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron.  

I'll be sharing another sample tomorrow.  See ya then!!!  Have a Blessed Day!!

Hugs, Wanda








1 comment:

Turid said...

What a wonderful die! Prayers are so needed. Bless you!