Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Discover Adventure


Hello!!!  How ya doin'?  I took a little time to play this morning and created a #8 tag for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.  The theme this week is Nautical

I started with a #8 Distress Mixed Media tag, created a background using Distress Oxides Broken China, Salty Ocean, and Frayed Burlap.  I stenciled over this (Tim Stencil THS080) using Distress Ink Salty Ocean and inked the edges with Distress Ink Frayed Burlap.  "Discover" (Tim die set 660224) was die cut from black cardstock, layered onto a left over scrap laying around, edged with Frayed Burlap and attached with an Index Clip (Idea-ology).  The handsome young sailor is from the Photo Booth Pack (Idea-ology).  I've layered it onto a piece of burlap (Tim's surfaces) that I aged with Distress Crayons and water.  Other Idea-ology's used are Compass Coin, Spinner, Filmstrip Ribbon, Small Talk Stickers, Tiny staples.  On the Small Talk Sticker I've used a bit of Distress Crayon.  Final touch is some drops of Enamel Accents Caribbean Coast (Ranger Ink).



2 comments:

Krista Hentges said...

Very much like the background!!

Emma Williams said...

I love the background you've created on this project and adore the image, it's one of my favourites...this is really lovely Wanda and thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x