Friday, May 11, 2018

You Can


Hello and Happy Friday!!!  Life has been busy - as you can tell from my lack of blogging.  I am here today to share a card.  I wanted to use a few new items I have and enter a couple of challenges.  

I started with a piece of Mixed Media Cardstock (Ranger) and the new 3D woodgrain embossing folder (Sizzix/Tim Holtz).  I rubbed the new Wendy Vecchi Acorn Blendable Dye Ink (Ranger Ink) over one side of the folder, lightly sprayed the paper with water and put it through my Vagabond.  Very Cool!!!  I then put Transparent Texture Paste (Ranger) through a grid stencil along the right hand side of the embossed piece.  Because the paper was not flat there was bleeding of paste under the stencil which was fine.  I immediately put Baked Texture Chunky Rust (Emerald Creek/Seth Apter) over the paste, tapped the excess off, left it to dry and once dry heated it.  Doesn't it look fabulous!!! Rusty Goodness!  To bring out more of the woodgrain side I lightly rubbed Archival Ink Potting Soil (Ranger/Wendy Vecchi) over the texture.  

The scalloped piece is Mixed Media Cardstock die cut using the largest scallop border from the Stitched Ovals die set (Sizzix/Tim Holtz).  It was inked with embossing ink and embossed with Baked Texture Patina Oxide (Emerald Creek/Seth Apter).. inked again and another layer of Patina Oxide melted on.  

The quote is from Quietfire Design's newest release.  It is stamped with embossing ink and embossed with Baked Texture Patina Oxide, then die cut with a die from the Stacked Baroque set (Sizzix/Tim Holtz), and the edges inked with Acorn Blendable Dye Ink.  The next layer is the next largest Stacked Baroque, inked with Wendy's new Orange Blossom Blendable Dye Ink, stamped with a screen image (Stamper's Anonymous/Wendy Vecchi) using Orange Blossom Archival Ink, and edged with Acorn Blendable Dye Ink.


I'm entering my card in this month's Emerald Creek Dares Challenge - Guy Style. #ECMAY2018

And I'm entering it in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #48 - Rust.  




5 comments:

ann barnes said...

I love the look of this card Wanda, that rusty finish is amazing, and i am a huge fan if the patina too. such a great guy card!

Suman Pandit said...

love this Wenda, the rust effect is fantastic and the wood grain is providing lovely contrast to it !!

Let's Art Journal said...

I'm loving this card! The texture of the rust finish is amazing and I love the pretty patina effect that you created 😁. The sentiment really speaks to me too as it is so true! Happy weekend! J 😊 x

Seth said...

Love the surfaces you have created here Wanda.

Claudia N. said...

Wow - amazing texture, Wanda! And I love how the great design of your card holds it all together! A wonderful card!
Thank you for sharing it with us at Emerald Creek Dares!

Claudia x